NEW ORLEANS – The district attorney in New Orleans says a grand jury has indicted 10 people in connection with a wild shootout at a city playground late last year.
Seventeen people were wounded and sent hundreds scrambling from Bunny Friend park in the city's Upper 9th Ward on Nov. 22 during a block party attended by hundreds of people.
District Attorney spokesman Chris Bowman says the 15-count indictment was returned Wednesday. The charges including negligently discharging a firearm and obstruction of justice.
Eleven of the 17 shooting victims were younger than 21. The youngest was a 10-year-old boy. He was shot in the leg.