A federal judge has again rejected a star basketball player's bid for reinstatement to the University of Dayton after a suspension linked to a female student's sexual assault accusation.

Dyshawn (duh-SHAWN') Pierre's one-semester suspension ends soon, but he'd hoped for a ruling to help clear his record and let him rejoin the team immediately. A judge denied that Friday.

Pierre's attorney says they're disappointed and considering their options.

The school previously said Pierre didn't suffer irreparable harm and there was no reason to cut short the suspension. Pierre wasn't charged.

It's unclear whether he'll play this season. Coach Archie Miller previously told the Dayton Daily News that he'll meet with Pierre when the suspension ends Dec. 20 to gauge whether Pierre can contribute, and Pierre will play "if it's feasible."