Los Angeles County prosecutors announced late Monday that they will not file felony sexual assault charges against a Saudi prince arrested last month at a compound near Beverly Hills.

The Los Angeles Times reported that the prosecutors cited insufficient evidence against Majed Abdulaziz Al-Saud, 28. Al-Saud had been accused by a female worker of trying to force her to perform a sex act on him at the Beverly Glen residence. After the prince's Sept. 23 arrest, police said that more women had accused the prince of attacking them, with three suing Al-Saud in civil court.

Prosecutors referred the case to the Los Angeles city attorney's office, which could still bring misdemeanor charges against Al-Saud. The prince has denied any wrongdoing.

"The allegations against him are false," Al-Saud attorney Alan Jackson told the Times. "The decision by the D.A.’s office not to file charges shows that the accuser’s stories cannot be substantiated. The sheik is very happy to put it behind him and move on with his life."

The Times reported that Al-Saud has remained in Southern California since his arrest. He was released hours after being taken into custody on $3,000 bail.

The civil suit against Al-Saud will go forward despite the lack of felony charges, the women's attorney, Van Frish said. The lawsuit claims Al-Saud inflicted emotional distress, assault and battery, sexual discrimination and retaliation against the workers.

Police had previously determined that Al-Saud did not have diplomatic immunity in the case, despite his royal status. Police said Al-Saud was renting the home, which is valued at approximately $37 million.

Click for more from The Los Angeles Times.