TEQUESTA, Fla. – The boat two teens were on when they went missing off Florida's Atlantic coast is no longer where the Coast Guard found it.
Multiple media outlets report that a marine salvage company hired by the Coast Guard to bring the boat back to shore couldn't find the vessel, which was discovered capsized on July 26.
Coast Guard spokesman Anthony Soto said Monday the boat had been left unsecured and the agency has no plans to look for it.
Soto says the boat wasn't brought to shore earlier because officials were focused on search efforts instead.
The Coast Guard called off its search for the 14-year-old boys, Perry Cohen and Austin Stephanos, on Friday, one week after they went missing. Since then, volunteers have continued looking for the teenagers.