NEW YORK – Thirteen years after 9/11 forever changed the New York skyline, officials say developments at the World Trade Center are on track and on budget.
Port Authority Vice Chairman Scott Rechler said Tuesday that One World Trade Center and a transportation hub will open in phases.
He said the center will open sometime this fall with a 60 percent occupancy rate.
Developer Larry Silverstein said his company is obtaining financing to complete the 3 World Trade Center by early 2018. Its construction was halted last year.
State and city officials said a completed World Trade Center site will create a vibrant business district.
The development has already leased out 5 million square feet of office space.