Sign in to comment!

Menu
Home

U.S.

1 Colo. teen dead, 1 in critical condition after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in camper

One Colorado teen is dead and another is in critical condition after they were apparently exposed to carbon monoxide in a camper.

According to the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel (http://tinyurl.com/osxkwwg), the boys and one other friend were sleeping in a camper Sunday when something caused them to be exposed to carbon monoxide, an odorless, colorless gas that can cause brain damage or death.

A spokeswoman for Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children said Reid Gates died, and Aaron Henrie was in critical condition. The third teen was hospitalized in good condition.

The boys' ages weren't released, but the newspaper reports all three were students at Cedaredge High School.

___

Information from: The Daily Sentinel, http://www.gjsentinel.com

Bank Rates

Loan Type Graph Rate +/- Last Week
30 Y Fixed Graph 4.01% dw 4.03%  
15 Y Fixed Graph 3.12% up 2.97%  
30 Y Fixed Jumbo Graph 4.22% up 4.13%  
5/1 ARM Graph 3.11% up 2.99%  
5/1 Jumbo ARM Graph 3.52% up 3.48%  
Loan Type Graph Rate +/- Last Week
$30K HELOC Graph 4.67% up 4.32%  
$50K HELOC Graph 4.04% up 3.99%  
$30K Loan Graph 5.00% up 4.99%  
$50K Loan Graph 4.36% -- 4.36%  
$75K Loan Graph 4.36% -- 4.36%  
Loan Type Graph Rate +/- Last Week
36 M New Graph 2.69% dw 2.83%  
36 M Used Graph 3.18% dw 3.36%  
48 M New Graph 3.02% dw 3.15%  
48 M Used Graph 2.91% dw 3.00%  
60 M New Graph 3.06% dw 3.16%  
Loan Type Graph Yield +/- Last Week
6 month Graph 0.39% up 0.38%  
1 yr Graph 0.70% -- 0.70%  
5 yr Graph 1.50% dw 1.51%