CEDAREDGE, Colo. – One Colorado teen is dead and another is in critical condition after they were apparently exposed to carbon monoxide in a camper.
According to the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel (http://tinyurl.com/osxkwwg), the boys and one other friend were sleeping in a camper Sunday when something caused them to be exposed to carbon monoxide, an odorless, colorless gas that can cause brain damage or death.
A spokeswoman for Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children said Reid Gates died, and Aaron Henrie was in critical condition. The third teen was hospitalized in good condition.
The boys' ages weren't released, but the newspaper reports all three were students at Cedaredge High School.
Information from: The Daily Sentinel, http://www.gjsentinel.com