The U.S. military says the number of prisoners on the hunger strike at Guantanamo Bay has dropped to 75, down from a peak of 106 last week.
From the U.S. base in Cuba, Army Lt. Col. Sam House said Thursday that a total of 67 of those 75 prisoners on hunger strike ate a meal over the last day.
House says they were still listed as hunger strikers because the military requires a minimum of three days of sustained eating and a minimal caloric intake before they can be removed from the tally. He says they also "must want to be removed from the list."
A total of 46 prisoners are on the "enteral feed list," meaning they can be strapped down and fed through a nasal tube.