Menu

EDUCATION

New York girl hospitalized after classmate accidentally set hair on fire

A Brooklyn girl is recovering after a sixth-grader accidentally set her hair on fire while playing with a lighter.

CBS New York says the 14-year-old girl was in serious but stable condition Tuesday with burns on her head and neck.

Other students said the boy tried desperately to put out the fire. He later apologized profusely on Facebook.

It happened on the Bildersee Playground near Intermediate School 68 in Flatlands.