PASCAGOULA, Miss. – Officials say 21 students and two adults at St. Martin Upper Elementary School ingested aluminum potassium sulfate crystals that were brought to school and passed out as candy by a student.
Two of the students were taken to Ocean Springs Hospital Wednesday as a precaution.
Jackson County Schools Assistant Superintendent Michael Van Winkle tells The Sun Herald after officials learned about the incident, parents were notified to pick up their children.
Van Winkle says school officials are conducting an investigation to determine if disciplinary action will be taken.
Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd says the identities of the children and adults are not being released as the incident remains under investigation.