Prosecutors to detail evidence of robbery, identity theft in Ohio case of Craigslist killings

Published February 26, 2013

| Associated Press

Prosecutors are ready to start laying out evidence that robbery and identity theft were the motives behind attacks two years ago that left three men in Ohio dead and a fourth wounded. The victims were all were lured by phony Craigslist job offers.

The trial of 53-year-old alleged triggerman Richard Beasley continues Tuesday in an Akron courtroom. He has pleaded not guilty to aggravated murder and kidnapping charges in the killings that began in August 2011.

Beasley's teenage co-defendant was found guilty last year and sentenced to life in prison.

Prosecutor Emily Pelphrey told jurors Monday in opening statements that Beasley wanted a new identity "and he got it."

Beasley's attorney, James Burdon, told the jury there isn't enough evidence to prove his client committed the crimes.

URL

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/26/prosecutors-to-detail-evidence-robbery-identity-theft-in-ohio-case-craigslist/