Sign in to comment!

Menu
Home

Education

28 Nashville students spend night in hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning from heating unit

More than two dozen students have spent the night in a hospital after carbon monoxide leaked at their Nashville private school.

Drexel Preparatory Academy principal Cheryl Bowman told WTVF-TV (http://bit.ly/ULQFal ) students began coming to the office Monday morning complaining of flu-like symptoms. Officials decided to cancel classes.

After students were sent home, the school got a call from Vanderbilt University Children's Hospital, saying several students had been brought in and showed high levels of carbon monoxide.

Workers found a hole in a heating unit that serves the central part of the school, where the kindergarten and first-grade classes are located.

Twenty-eight students were admitted to the hospital and put on oxygen overnight. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas produced by combustion.

Bank Rates

Loan Type Graph Rate +/- Last Week
30 Y Fixed Graph 3.77% up 3.73%  
15 Y Fixed Graph 2.95% up 2.93%  
30 Y Fixed Jumbo Graph 4.01% up 3.89%  
5/1 ARM Graph 3.01% dw 3.03%  
5/1 Jumbo ARM Graph 3.62% up 3.14%  
Loan Type Graph Rate +/- Last Week
$30K HELOC Graph 4.61% up 4.59%  
$50K HELOC Graph 4.08% dw 4.09%  
$30K Loan Graph 4.87% -- 4.87%  
$50K Loan Graph 4.32% dw 4.33%  
$75K Loan Graph 4.32% dw 4.33%  
Loan Type Graph Rate +/- Last Week
36 M New Graph 2.67% dw 2.69%  
36 M Used Graph 3.12% dw 3.15%  
48 M New Graph 2.91% dw 2.93%  
48 M Used Graph 2.75% -- 2.75%  
60 M New Graph 3.06% dw 3.08%  
Loan Type Graph Yield +/- Last Week
6 month Graph 0.36% dw 0.37%  
1 yr Graph 0.65% dw 0.67%  
5 yr Graph 1.43% dw 1.47%