Published November 23, 2012
A New Hampshire couple received an unexpected surprise on Thanksgiving morning after a toddler climbed into an old laundry chute in their home, MyFoxBoston.com reports.
The couple was in bed inside their home in Manchester when they heard a bang just after 7 a.m. on Thursday.
They quickly learned the noise came from an old laundry chute on the second floor of the home. A 2-year-old boy climbed into the chute and fell approximately 20 feet down before getting trapped.
Firefighters were able to remove the toddler within five minutes of their arrival by breaking down a wall and cutting down wires.
The child was treated at a local hospital for non-life threatening injuries.