LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – The Arkansas Supreme Court says a man convicted in the 2009 shooting deaths of five people deserves a new trial because his previous trial wasn't fair.
Samuel Lee Conway was convicted last year on five counts of capital murder plus other charges. He was sentenced to life in prison without parole.
The high court on Thursday reversed Conway's convictions and sentences and ordered a new trial.
Conway had argued that he deserved a new trial because a judge didn't dismiss a juror who said during the trial he had already made up his mind about the case.
The state Supreme Court sided with Conway, saying the judge abused his discretion when he didn't get rid of the juror.
The justices said Conway was denied the right to a fair trial.