Published October 14, 2012
PHILADELPHIA – Negotiators say Penn State has started preliminary settlement talks with at least 20 men who accuse assistant coach Jerry Sandusky of sexual abuse.
The Philadelphia Inquirer says that number includes eight people named in the prosecution of Sandusky, four others who have filed lawsuits or told reporters they were molested, and at least eight others who have not publicly aired allegations of abuse.
Attorney Michael Rozen, who was hired along with his partner to handle settlement talks, says mediators have not started evaluating any of the 20 cases.
He told the paper in an interview last week that officials are talking about how to "put the claims into some sort of hierarchy."
Sandusky was sentenced last week to 30 to 60 years in prison on molestation convictions.