Idaho boy, 6, credited with saving choking cousin with Heimlich

A 6-year-old Rupert boy is being credited with saving the life of his 13-year-old cousin by performing the Heimlich maneuver.

Elizabeth Hill says her daughter, Bethany, was choking on popcorn in the lobby of a theater in Heyburn Saturday and fell to the floor.

Damien Munoz knew what to do because his grandmother had taught him the Heimlich maneuver. Elizabeth Hill says the boy's grandmother once saved a choking customer in a restaurant.

Damien said he was scared, but he did what he had to do to save his cousin.

Elizabeth Hill tells The Times-News that Damien's efforts dislodged some popcorn and Bethany was able to cough up the rest.

Hill says her daughter said later that she thought she was going to die because she couldn't get any air.