The group responsible for the upkeep of murdered Florida teen Trayvon Martin's memorial site is angry after the city of Sanford took the memorial down on Monday, MyFoxOrlando.com reported.
Attorney Vera June was one of three of the group members who attending a meeting with the city, and said they are most upset that nobody was contacted in advance about the decision.
According to MyFoxOrlando.com, city manager Norton Bonaparte admitted that some kind of mistake had been made, and the city intends to get to the bottom of the situation.
June said that five months is not enough time for the memorial, especially because the trial of George Zimmerman has not begun, MyFoxOrlando.com reported.
According to the report, part of the reason the memorial was removed was due to complaints from residents of the Retreat at Twin Lakes, who say it is a daily reminder of the nationwide controversy.