CARROLL COUNTY, Ga – A six-year-old child was airlifted to an Atlanta hospital Saturday after being found unresponsive inside a playhouse in Carroll County, in northwestern Georgia.
Authorities suspect the child may have taken an unknown quantity of pills, including sleeping and anti-anxiety medication, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.
"After finding the medication they [children] returned to the playhouse [in the child's yard] and began taking the capsules apart and pouring out the ingredients," Carroll County sheriff's captain Jeff Richards said.
"At some point the victim swallowed some of the medication and then became sleepy at which time the friends reported the events to the child's grandmother where [they] had been staying."
The child, whose parents were not home at the time of the incident, was airlifted to an Atlanta hospital.