Michigan teenager finds part of finger in Arby's beef sandwich

Published May 17, 2012

| NewsCore

A 14-year-old boy bit into part of a finger while eating at an Arby's restaurant in Michigan.

Ryan Hart was finishing his roast beef sandwich at the restaurant in Jackson when he tasted something rubbery, Michigan Live reported. He spat the item out.

Ryan told the website, "I was like, 'that's got to be a finger.' I was about to puke... it was just nasty."

The chunk of human flesh, which included the fingerprint, was around an inch long.

An employee at the restaurant cut her finger on a meat slicer just before the teenager's order was sent out.

Steve Hall, environmental health director for the Jackson County Health Department, said the worker apparently left her station and colleagues continued completing orders before they knew what happened.

Ryan's mom Jamie Vail told the site, "Somebody loses a finger, and you keep sending food out the window? I can't believe that."

Vail added that her son was "traumatized." He was prescribed medication and has had trouble eating or sleeping following the incident, she said.

Arby's vice president John Gray said in a statement that it was, "deeply concerned and apologetic to the guest involved in this unfortunate incident."

The restaurant was sanitized following the discovery.

Click for more from Michigan Live.

URL

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/17/michigan-teenager-finds-part-finger-in-arby-beef-sandwich/