Sign in to comment!

Menu
Home

U.S.

Generator Fumes Sicken 10 in Connecticut Home

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- Ten people were hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning Saturday after firefighters responded to a report of a gas leak at a Connecticut home and found a generator running in the basement.

The victims included a seven-year-old girl and a four-year-old boy, as well as six men and two women, the Hartford Courant reported.

Firefighters were called to the home in Bridgeport, Conn., at around 1:15am local time. At the scene they found high levels of gas fumes on all three floors, particularly on the third floor, and the generator in the basement.

The ten victims showed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning but were alert, officials said.

They were taken to local hospitals in unknown condition and hooked up to oxygen tanks.
Bridgeport Assistant Fire Chief Ivan Fossesigurani told the Connecticut Post that gas and electricity had been turned off in the home, so the residents had been using the generator to provide heat and power for eight days.

Officials were investigating the incident Saturday morning.

Bank Rates

Loan Type Graph Rate +/- Last Week
30 Y Fixed Graph 3.94% dw 4.13%  
15 Y Fixed Graph 3.04% dw 3.08%  
30 Y Fixed Jumbo Graph 4.47% up 4.16%  
5/1 ARM Graph 3.55% up 3.40%  
5/1 Jumbo ARM Graph 3.37% up 3.12%  
Loan Type Graph Rate +/- Last Week
$30K HELOC Graph 4.32% up 4.31%  
$50K HELOC Graph 4.06% -- 4.06%  
$30K Loan Graph 5.05% dw 5.08%  
$50K Loan Graph 4.48% dw 4.50%  
$75K Loan Graph 4.50% dw 4.52%  
Loan Type Graph Rate +/- Last Week
36 M New Graph 2.93% dw 2.94%  
36 M Used Graph 3.46% -- 3.46%  
48 M New Graph 3.22% dw 3.23%  
48 M Used Graph 3.04% -- 3.04%  
60 M New Graph 3.24% -- 3.24%  
Loan Type Graph Yield +/- Last Week
6 month Graph 0.39% up 0.38%  
1 yr Graph 0.72% up 0.71%  
5 yr Graph 1.50% dw 1.52%  

See the latest updates on the hottest midterm races from Fox News

Full Elections Coverage →

Keep up with all the 2014 races in

Coverage →