Harris Faulkner's top 10 things you should know if the federal government shuts down...
10. Federal Housing Administration will stop accepting new loans if the government shuts down
9. A federal shutdown could cost D.C. as much as $6 million a week in lost tax revenue
8. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac would not be affected by a shutdown
7. Congress would determine whether non-essential workers receive pay for a furlough period
6. The 8.5 million Americans receiving unemployment benefits should continue to do so even if the federal government shuts down, according to officials
5. Toxic waste clean-up work at sites will stop//Superfund workers are sent home
4. Delays in the processing of alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and explosives applications by the ATF
3. Work on bankruptcy cases is suspended
2. Military Service members will be expected to report to work but, will not be paid until funding is restored.
1. Members of Congress will still receive a salary