Lawyers representing “Girls Gone Wild” creator Joe Francis and attorneys for four women suing Francis were asked by a federal judge to review sexually graphic footage in the case, the News Herald reports.

Judge Richard Smoak wanted both sides to view the footage before he decides whether to show it to the jury, according to the paper.

The women, who are anonymous, have filed a federal civil lawsuit against Francis, who they allege sexually exploited them while they were underage, for allegedly filming them for his widely circulated video series “Girls Gone Wild.” The video series centered around the sexual activity of young women on spring break.

The jury in the case, which began last week in U.S. District Court in Panama City, Fla., has yet to see the footage, according to the newspaper. Lawyers for the women have argued that it is inappropriate to show the video in court.

“No matter what she’s doing on this film, it is inappropriate to show it," Rachel Pontikes, one of plaintiffs' lawyers, told Smoak Monday, the newspaper reports.

Smoak reportedly requested that lawyers representing Francis and the women review footage of Plaintiff B, filmed during spring break in 2002. The attorneys gathered Monday night to watch the footage, according to the newspaper.

Francis, who had been acting as his own attorney, was held in contempt of court last week for violating an evidentiary rule during cross-examination of a witness, Smoak ruled. On Thursday, Francis reportedly retained two attorneys from Panama City to represent him in the case, wmbb.com reports.

The News Herald reports that Smoak will decide Tuesday whether to show the video to the jury. Smoak said that deliberations in the case could also begin Tuesday.