A fourth suspect in the alleged plot to blow up New York City subways has reportedly revealed shocking details about the plan involving Najibullah Zazi, MyFoxNY.com reported.

The Queens native and two high school friends were planning to detonate explosives attached to their bodies at Grand Central and Times Square stations during rush hour, according to the Associated Press.

The AP reports that the fourth suspect was arrested in Pakistan and is likely to be extradited to Brooklyn.

The group had supposedly picked September 14, 15 or 16 as the attack date.

In February, Zazi pleaded guilty in U.S. federal court to a plot to blow up New York's subway system last year and to links with al Qaeda.

Zazi pleaded guilty to three charges: conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction, conspiracy to commit murder in a foreign country, and providing material support to the al Qaeda extremist network.

He told the federal court in Brooklyn that he had planned to blow up New York targets including the underground train system and that he wanted to "conduct mortal operations in the subway line."
Zazi, 24, said he was ready to "sacrifice myself" in order "to draw the attention to what the United States is doing in Afghanistan."

He faces maximum sentences of life in prison for the first two charges and 15 years for the third. 

However, his plea appears to be part of a bargain in which he could receive a more lenient sentence in return for cooperating with investigators.

Zazi was arrested September 20 in Denver, where he worked as an airport shuttle bus driver.

Prosecutors say he carried bomb-making instructions in a laptop and had been shopping for large quantities of chemicals found in beauty products that could have been the ingredients for explosives.

They also say he received explosives training in Peshawar, Pakistan, a hotbed of al Qaeda activity.

According to prosecutors, Zazi went to New York to prepare the alleged bombing campaign, using weapons of "mass destruction," but left after receiving a tip-off that he was being watched by federal agents.

Click here for more from MyFoxNY.com.

Click here for more on this story from the New York Daily News.