NEW MILFORD -- A dispatcher says firefighters believe a propane leak sparked an explosion at a New Milford business that injured one person.

The dispatcher says it appears the 50-year-old male pushed a button to open a garage door Thursday morning, and that action ignited propane that had leaked from a tank of a forklift parked inside.

Eyewitness News is told he suffered third-degree burns and was taken to Danbury Hospital. The victim's name and medical condition weren't released.

Authorities say the fire broke out inside a business at 637 Kent Road just before 8 a.m. in Gaylordsville.

All firefighters from New Milford departments are on the scene, as well as, mutual aid firefighters from Sherman and the New Milford police.

The victim is believed have been the only person inside the building at the time of the explosion.

Click here to read more on this story from MyFoxNY.com.