1. Do not give that cow the keys, no matter what it says
Your vehicle. He is not responsible for it - Photo submitted by Michael H.
2. Don't Press that red button
Really? At the lift??? - Photo submitted by Nadx S.
3. Proof that there are lost in translation moments even within the English speaking world.
Crosswalk? In London. - Photo submitted by Melia B.
4. Everyone enjoys riding the Norse.
Feeling Lucky? (Inner Mongolia-2009) - Photo submitted by Amy H.
5. Kids these days
Get a room! - Photo submitted by Steve W.
6. Wait, this sign doesn't mean 'camel parking'?
The best place to park your camel - Photo submitted by Kate M.
7. Never fear, the anti-fire things are here
Things for anti-fire - Photo submitted by Dave K.
8. This might be a good time to turn around
Should I run or stop??? - Photo submitted by Belén G.
9. Welcome to Obviousville
It's obvious. - Photo submitted by Masdyanna B.
10. Man, it's cold as ice to take Foreigner's luggage
How I got a new free suitcase over in China. - Photo submitted by Klara U.
11. This has all the makings of a romantic comedy
Coca-Cola way or Pepsi way.....Which one should I take?? (Carmelo, Uruguay) - Photo submitted by Andrea D.
12. Probably best to follow these instructions
What kind of orphans are we talking here? Taken in Nairobi, Kenya - Photo submitted by Jesse O.
Do you have a great lost in translation photo from your travels? Enter the contest on the Lonely Planet Facebook page (end date: 17 November) for a chance to win an iPad and the new Lonely Planet Offline Translator apps, and vote for your favorites!
Have you seen funny mistaken translations on your travels abroad?