One of the best parts about sex – besides the obvious, of course – is how much fun it can be. Sure, intense and romantic sex is great too, but there is something really stimulating about being able to laugh while you’re getting down and dirty. Sex can be so good for you, and laughter can be too. So, the combination is downright irresistible.
Making sex fun is all about your mindset. The only expectation should be enjoying yourself and your partner. No dramatic, sweeping music, rose petals strewn on beds, or velvet curtains required here. Just set aside your day and relax. And if things get silly, well then, let them get silly. Giggling has never been known to ruin an orgasm.
If you’re not sure how to ramp up the fun in your after-hours play, why not introduce games into the mix? There are a zillion out there to suit nearly every taste. Here are a few ideas.
1. Group games. Don’t panic. I’m not talking about group sex. I’m talking about games you can play with close, open-minded friends that will send everyone home in the mood. Like Sexy Slang. It’s a naughty Pictionary-style game that gets you acting out all sorts of sexual expressions from the tame to the insane!
2. Go ahead, ask. The adorably packaged Bachelorette Box of Questions can be really fun in a group or just with two. I don’t see any reason bachelorettes should get to have all the fun. So invite the guys and the couples too. It’s 52 questions that will get everyone talking now and doing anything but later…
3. Deal me in. All sorts of sexy card games are out there to get things revved up. They can be especially great for couples who are a little on the timid side about getting started, because with these games, the cards give all of the orders. All you have to do is follow. Games like Cosmo’s Steamy Sex Games, which is actually a dozen games in one box from a sexy scavenger hunt to a wild take on the Kama Sutra.
4. Let’s Connect. OK, this one is kind of silly. But it made me smile, which is precisely the point. Speaking of point, you’ll need to get your pencils sharpened for this one. Naughty Dots by Dr. X is exactly what it sounds like, page after page of adults-only dot-to-dot puzzles. Sure, it may seem a little goofy, but the positions the solved puzzles reveal are anything but. Connect the dots and connect with your partner at the same time.
5. Wanna wrestle? Now this one is not for the faint of heart. But it sure is fun. Why not get out the extra sheets and stage your own naughty throw down? Be sure to use lubricant that won’t leave you with a headache of a mess afterwards. Think water soluble, non-staining, and latex friendly, like one of my personal faves Sliquid. Like slip and slide all grown up!
6. Roll the dice. It’s kind of an old school game. But it literally never gets old because it’s never the same game twice. Pick up a pair of naughty dice with body parts listed on one die and activities listed on the other and get rolling. You can find them at any local sex shop or lots of places online. I love the aluminum ones because they look and feel sexier than their plastic counterparts. But any adult-themed dice will do.
7. Make me your canvas. Now this is my idea of a good time. Using a feather quill pen that you dip in delish chocolate, you write sweet nothings to your lover ON your lover’s body while they are blindfolded. Make him or her guess what you’re writing or write a command somewhere they can see it and make them read it aloud to you and obey when you unmask them. You can create your own set. But I’m addicted to the one called Poeme.
Whether you like to act out sexy slang, write poetry in chocolate, or just slip around with your favorite someone, the key is to put the fun back into sex. Playing games is a great way to do that. The ideas above are just a few simple suggestions. You can get Googling and find many, many more that will suit you and your partner. Or, forget the formalities and create a game all your own just for the two of you. Competition is sexy and when it comes to these games, even the “loser” wins…
Jenny Block is a freelance writer based in Dallas, Texas. She is the author of "Open: Love, Sex, and Life in an Open Marriage." Her work appears in "One Big Happy Family" edited by Rebecca Walker and "It’s a Girl: Women Writers on Raising Daughters" edited by Andrea Buchanan. Visit her Web site at www.jennyonthepage.com.