Girl, 15, Rushed Into Emergency Surgery After Tongue Piercing

A 15-year-old girl from the U.K. was rushed into emergency surgery after a routine tongue piercing went terribly wrong, the Daily Mail reported.

Reece-Marie Hall from Hull, England began bleeding heavily after a silver bar was inserted through her tongue. Doctors, who surgically removed the jewelry, believe the piercing caused a vein to rupture.

“At first, my tongue didn't bleed,” Hall told the newspaper. “But after I left the shop, my tongue started pouring with blood. I kept choking.”

Steve Rowe, of Classic piercing and tattoo studio, was adamant that he did not cause the injury.

“I have been doing this for 30 years and before I puncture the tongue — I check for veins and turn away two to three people a day because their veins are in the way,” Rowe said.

Besides a swollen tongue and a lisp, Hall is expected to make a full recovery.

Click here to read more from the Daily Mail.