A young British girl suffered headaches and nausea for more than two years after bungling opticians fitted her eyeglasses the wrong way, The Sun reported.
Staff at Specsavers mixed up the left and right prescription lenses for 7-year-old Tayla Don.
Worried mother Beverley, 39, ended up taking her daughter to hospital — where a routine eye inspection revealed the blunder.
"We'd wondered why her eyesight wasn't getting better. I'd thought several times the glasses didn't seem to be doing much good at all," Tayla's mother said.
"I hope it hasn't caused permanent damage."
Beverley bought the pink-framed glasses in June 2008 at her local Specsavers in Milton Keynes, central England — and took them back when Tayla's symptoms emerged.
But staff said her headaches and feelings of sickness were a normal reaction and would pass.
Tayla has now been given a stronger prescription by doctors and fitted with new specs.
Specsavers apologized - and offered Tayla a complimentary $5 bottle of lens cleaner.
"We take customer care extremely seriously," store director Raj Shah said.