A teenager was left "looking like an alien" after an extreme allergic reaction to a hair dye.
Abigail Colbourne, 15, dyed her brown locks darker, but she didn't do a patch test, as advised.
"My eyes were glued together, and my head swelled up," said Abigail, of Sydenham, South London after using the Clairol dye. "It was terrifying."
Doctors were able to reduce the swelling, however; Abigail's mother, Joanna Leech said, "People should be aware of the effects of these dyes."
Clairol said such reactions "are very rare".