Three Members of California Family in Intensive Care After Eating Poisonous Mushrooms

Three members of a California family are in intensive care after eating mushrooms they picked in the wild.

Officials at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco say the three have been hospitalized since Tuesday after eating so-called "death cap" mushrooms.

The mushrooms are among the world's most lethal. Experts say that even experienced mushroom gatherers can mistake the potentially deadly sprouts for the harmless ones.

Officials have not said where the mushrooms were picked.