A judge has dismissed a request to throw out the most serious criminal charges against a Florida mother accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter.

Circuit Judge Stan Strickled ruled Friday that a motion filed by Casey Anthony's attorneys did not meet the requirements needed for a dismissal of the first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse charges.

In an earlier filing, Anthony's attorneys had said the charges were based on "circumstantial and speculative" evidence.

During a brief hearing Friday, prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick said the defense attorneys' motion was insufficient and riddled with errors.

Anthony has pleaded not guilty and says a baby sitter kidnapped Caylee. The toddler's remains were found in December 2008, months after she was reported missing.

Last week, prosecutors released more evidence in their murder case. The evidence included pictures of a tattoo on Anthony's back and duct tape found on the body of her daughter, Caylee.

The state is seeking the death penalty against Anthony, who remains in the Orange County Jail.

SLIDESHOW: Caylee Anthony Case

Click here to read more on this story from MyFOXOrlando.com.