A British man had to be rushed to a hospital emergency room after attempting to circumcise himself with nail clippers, the Telegraph reported Tuesday.

The unnamed young man was taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, where he had the wound cleaned and disinfected.

He was kept in the hospital for observation.

"This is something we would advise men never to attempt," a medic told the Telegraph. "The results can be quite horrific and long-lasting and have quite an affect on a man's sexual performance. Using a pair of nail clippers must have caused excruciating pain, even if he had had a few drinks beforehand."

Click here to read more on this story from the Telegraph.