Sign in to comment!

Menu
Home

Man Claims Restaurant's Undercooked Salmon Gave Him 9-Foot Tapeworm

A man who ate an undercooked salmon salad claims he developed a 9-foot tapeworm, the Scientific American reported.

Anthony Franz sued Shaw's Crab House in Chicago for serving him the salad, which he said made him violently ill, according to the Chicago Times.

Shaw's parent company said it was not responsible for Franz' tapeworm.

A report in the June issue of “Emerging Infectious Diseases” states that Franz’ tapeworm was small compared to some – salmon tapeworms can grow up to 39 feet, and the parasite is growing in popularity among young adults who like sashimi and ceviche.

Click here to read more about this story from the Scientific American.