Zoo Officials Serve Poison Instead of Syrup in Sno-Cones

The Sedgwick County Zoo in Wichita, Kan., will no longer be selling blue sno-cones after a dangerous mix-up at the refreshment stand, Fox4KC reported.

Four people became sick Thursday when a zoo employee accidentally poured a degreasing agent into the sno-cone machine instead of the flavored syrup.

The two bottles are the same size, shape and color and were accidentally placed next to each other.

A zoo spokeswoman said the employee didn't read the labels and apologized to families who got sick.

None of the victims ingested enough of the chemical for it to be dangerous.

Click here to read the full report from Fox4KC.com