A Wisconsin man faces arson and other charges after he allegedly told police he was just cleaning with gasoline ... while smoking.

The ensuing fire led to the evacuation of 11 of Ernest D. Krajniak's neighbors, according to the Appleton, Wisc., Post-Crescent.

Krajniak, 47, said he accidentally started the fire after he thew a cigarette into a mound of clothing and pillows soaked with gas, cops told the paper.

Instead of pulling the building's alarm, Krajniak reportedly yelled "Fire!", authorities said.

He then walked to the local police department and requested that an ambulance take him to the hospital, according to the paper. He suffered burns to his face, back and arms.

"Krajniak stated that he wasn't thinking," Calumet County District Attorney Ken Kratz said in the criminal complaint.

Krajniak told police he knew gasoline was flammable.

"I never should have used that," the complaint quoted him as saying.

He was treated for his burns a day after the Friday blaze, according to the Post-Crescent. Krajniak’s bond was set Monday for $2,500.

Click here for more on this story from the Post-Crescent.