While most spiders are harmless in this country – there are a few that are extremely dangerous to humans. One of them is the brown recluse spider.

Billie Ball from Fort Worth, Texas was bitten by the poisonous spider nine months ago and immediately felt the affects, KDAF-TV reported Wednesday.

“I had full organ failure,” she told the news station. “My kidneys failed, I was on dialysis.”

The single mother spent three months in a coma and doctors were not sure if she would make it.

They were eventually forced to amputate her right foot just above the ankle.

Ball is now learning to walk again with a prosthetic foot.

The brown recluse spider is most common in the south and central parts of the U.S., especially in Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Louisiana, eastern Texas and Oklahoma, the National Institutes of Health said on its Web site.

If you are ever exposed to one, you should call 911 or the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.

Click here to read more and see a video of Ball from KDAF-TV.