3 Hospital Patients Die After Drinking Hand Sanitizer

British hospitals are axing hand sanitizer because patients are guzzling them to get drunk – and at least three people have died after drinking the gels.

The amount of alcohol in the hand cleanser is almost twice that of whiskey.

Patients across Britain have been drinking the sanitizer as a cheap way to get drunk. The country's National Healthcare Service has issued a “Patient Safety Alert” to all hospitals and health care clinics warning of the trend.

Click here to read more on this story from News of the World.