Are you a chick-flick fanatic? In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, iMag has put together a little quiz to test your Rom-Com I.Q. If you think you know the best of all the happy-endings out there, answer these questions to find out which movies YOU should be curling up with this weekend (even if you get a perfect score).
1. What is the name of the record store where Molly Ringwald works in "Pretty in Pink"?
b) Empire Records
d) High Notes
2. The famous line, “Snap out of it!” is from what movie?
a) “Jerry Maguire”
b) “Sleepless in
d) “Working Girl”
3. How many times is the world “actually,” spoken in the film, “Love Actually”?
4. What fruit does Meg Ryan have for a late-night snack in “Sleepless in
a) an apple
b) a banana
c) an orange
d) a mango
5. Which movie is an adaptation of William Shakespeare’s A Taming of the Shrew?
a) “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days”
b) “Pretty Woman”
c) “Bridget Jones’s Diary”
d) “10 Things I Hate About You”
6. Who freaked out about the “stupid, wagon wheel, Roy Rogers, garage sale coffee table!”?
a) Hugh Grant in “Two Weeks Notice”
b) Billy Crystal in “When Harry Met Sally”
c) Rupert Everett in “My Best Friend’s Wedding”
d) Tom Hanks in “Sleepless in
7. Where should you never put Baby?
a) In the crib
b) In a cab
c) In a corner
d) In a kitchen
8. What profession has Julia Roberts never played as a character in a feature film?
c) Food critic
d) Wedding planner
9. How many times does Harry “meet” Sally before they become good friends?
10. What is Meg Ryan’s favorite book in “You’ve Got Mail”?
a) Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus
b) Jane Eyre
c) Pride and Prejudice
d) The Great Gatsby
8-10 Correct: Chick Flick Champion!
Feel like you know Meg, Julia and Sandra like they’re your best friends? Well, that’s because you’ve seen them in some of their classic films time and time again. You truly appreciate the benefit of curling up on the couch and waiting for the happily-ever-after. If only our DVDs reflected real life!
4-7 Correct: A "Rom-Com" Realist
You enjoy a healthy dose of Hugh Grant’s boyish charm and Matthew McConaughey’s goofball gimmicks. But your DVD shelf isn’t dressed in pink, either. You’ll pop in a happy love story when you’re in the mood, but you won’t be first in line at the movie theater for the next Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan blockbuster (yes, please).
0-3 Correct: A Slacker for Sap
Um, seriously? Do you have no heart? You have some serious catching up to do! Cancel your plans for the weekend and curl up with some Ben & Jerry’s, pajamas and at least a few of the movies from this quiz!
1) c 2) c 3) a 4) a 5) d 6) b 7) c 8) d 9) c 10) c