As if starting a new job isn’t hard enough, you just relocated to a brand new city. Networking online is a great way to get to know a
This site allows you to design a personal profile, see what is new on your chosen network, view upcoming birthdays, events and articles from the groups you have chosen. You can also search new job openings that might interest you!
• Post an online interactive business card, put up info for potential friends and business partners, write messages, keep an address book, manage appointments and events, join groups and browse the marketplace (jobs).
• Be either a basic or premium member and the site connects you with discounts or deals with companies.
Meetup is the world's largest network of local groups, making it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face.
• Back when Jesse ''the body'' Ventura did his campaign on meetup.com -- this is how he gained most publicity.
• Search by topic or interest, anything from support groups, book clubs, parent playgroups, fitness groups, professional groups, etc.
• A good way to filter your interests and find people that share your interests.
Yelp is the fun and easy way to find, review and talk about what's great (and not so great) in your world.
• Yelp offers about 22 different categories to check out, ranging from beauty and spas to religious organizations.
• Collect and organize your friends' recommendations in one convenient place.
Think of it as a MySpace for adults!
• This is the premier social networking site for adults in the over-30 crowd.
• Geared toward adults, this site allows you to access popular social networking tools -- like photo albums, discussion boards, and join interest groups.
A way for women entrepreneurs to connect online and in person to foster creativity, community and support.
• Search through partnership directory.
• Provides information, resources, products, services and tools for your own business.
• A Social Network section on their site with special events and a social calendar.
An online forum where women can connect and educate themselves through the site’s resources and events.
• Has a list of events where you can sign up online or just read through for more information.
• bring women together with the common purpose of self-improvement, social awareness, and community outreach.
Click over for more career tips >>