Tick Bite Causes Girl's Lung to Collapse

An Australian toddler is recovering from a collapsed lung after she was bitten by a tick.

It’s believed the 3-year-old girl was bitten more than a week ago by a parasite known as the paralysis tick, the Australian Associated Press reported Monday.

It took five days before the girl showed any symptoms, including loss of coordination and blurred vision, according to the news agency.

One health official told the AAP it was the first time he had heard of a tick bite having such a serious affect on a human.

Click here to read more from the AAP.