ST. JOHNS, Ariz. – An 8-year-old boy accused in the shooting deaths of his father and another man in St. Johns was released from juvenile detention on Wednesday to spend Thanksgiving with his mother.
Judge Michael Roca granted a 48-hour furlough to the boy last week during a hearing in Apache County. The boy is to return to custody by noon on Friday.
If he doesn't, Roca says an arrest warrant will be issued for the boy and his mother, Eryn Bloomfield.
An attorney for the boy, Benjamin Brewer, says he's hopeful the boy will have a good time while he's out.
Roca has said the boy must stay within a certain area in Apache County and no knives, video games or cable television can be in the home where he's staying.
Click here for photos.