Georgetown Dining Hall Shuts After 25 Students Fall Ill

Georgetown University administrators have shut down a campus dining hall after 41 students complained of nausea and vomiting, reported Wednesday.

Of those 41 students, 25 were treated for possible food poisoning.

Todd Olson, vice president for student affairs, said in an e-mail to the university community Wednesday morning that the students were being treated at Georgetown University Hospital for vomiting and diarrhea. He says most of them reported having eaten Tuesday at O'Donovan Dining Hall, known as Leo's.

The dining hall has been closed for breakfast and lunch, with those services temporarily relocated to other locations.

Although the students ate at the same dining hall, they did not all eat the same types of food, according to

Click here to read more from

The Associated Press contributed to this report.