A judge has denied a petition to lower bond for the mother of a missing 2-year-old Florida girl, a day after photos surfaced showing her partying at a nightclub following her daughter's disappearance.
Attorney Jose Baez filed the appeal last week to lower the $500,000 bond in the Florida Fifth District Court of Appeals, arguing that the amount set by Judge Stan Strickland for his client, Casey Marie Anthony, 22, was too high.
A report from a court-ordered psychologist was entered into evidence by the state along with a written argument for the denial. Baez will file another appeal to the state Supreme Court, according to MyFOXOrlando.com.
Prior to the hearing, Anthony's parents visited their daughter at an Orange County jail.
"She's holding up good,” Cindy Anthony told MyFOXOrlando.com. "We had a really good visit. We're looking forward to the next one."
The couple said Casey did not give them any more information about the whereabouts of Caylee.
“We didn't ask for any information,“ said Cindy Anthony. “Except how she was feeling and what she wanted me to tell Caylee and she just continues to say she loves her with all her heart and she feels that she's OK.”
Anthony, who is jailed on charges related to the disappearance of her daughter Caylee, was caught by photographers partying at a club June 20 — five days after she claims her toddler daughter vanished.
The pictures, obtained by FOX News, show Casey Anthony smiling and posing with various people at an Orlando club called Fusion. She later would tell police that her little girl, Caylee Marie Anthony, had been missing since earlier in the month.
John Azzilano, the nightlife photographer who snapped the images, said Casey was enjoying herself.
"She seemed happy, as were most of the people there that night," Azzilano told FOX News. "She seemed all right, having a good time, just like people our age would that night."
Casey Anthony remains in jail on charges of child neglect, making false official statements and obstructing a criminal investigation.
She remains held on $500,000 bond and is a person of interest in the case but hasn't been charged in Caylee’s disappearance — which prosecutors say looks like a homicide.
When Anthony and her family first reported Caylee missing on July 15, she told police the girl already had been gone for a month. She also claimed that Caylee had been taken by a baby sitter, who also vanished.
Since that time, police have expressed doubt in many of the details of Anthony’s story. They also have testified that they found hair samples and detected an odor of human decomposition in the trunk of a car Anthony had been driving.
Michael Walsh, one of Anthony’s attorneys, told FOX News that she initially had not been forthcoming with the timeline of Caylee’s disappearance because the babysitter had made threats and Anthony feared for her daughter’s safety.
“I think this young girl was going through the pressures and stress of what she was dealing with,” he said.
Walsh confirmed that Anthony had been at the club Fusion but disputed that the photos were taken after the daughter’s disappearance. He also said Anthony was working as "one of the promotion girls at that club," but declined to elaborate.
The nightclub photos surfaced following the release of phone conversations she has made from jail, videotaped meetings with family members and other recordings related to the case. A judge Tuesday denied Anthony's request to stop the further release of such recordings.