SHAWNEE, Kan. – A suburban Kansas City man says he feels fine, even though a nailgun accidentally fired a 2.5 inch nail into the top of his head.
The mishap occurred last Friday while George Chandler of Shawnee, Kan., and a friend were doing a project in a back yard.
The nailgun hose became tangled, causing the powerful tool to fire one nail. Chandler said Monday he told his friend he didn't know where the nail went, but he felt a sting on the top of his head.
Soon they discovered that the nail was driven deep into Chandler's head, so they called an ambulance and he was rushed to a hospital.
Chandler said a doctor used a common claw hammer to remove the nail.
He said he feels "very lucky, very, very lucky" to have escaped serious injury