Man Sickened After Snake Bites Him While Using Toilet

A roadside toilet stop ended in pain, embarrassment and almost death for a tourist when a highly venomous snake bit the end of his private parts.

The deadly brown snake slithered between the unnamed victim’s legs and lunged at his groin area as he crouched on a roadside near Laura, Australia, which is 186 miles northwest of Cairns.

Click here to discuss this story.

"It certainly had a swipe at him," an ambulance spokesman said Tuesday."But it didn’t envenomate him. As it came through, it must have got a bit of a shock."

However, as the snake retreated, he left the victim with a scratch, vomiting and abdomen pain.

Emergency workers raced to the scene to treat the man. The wound was wrapped in plastic in case poison had penetrated the skin, but medical staff declared him healthy after conducting tests.

He was taken to Cooktown Hospital in Cairns where he spent one night.

The paramedic described him as "lucky," despite his near encounter with one of Australia’s most poisonous snakes.

"I think he was a bit shocked and embarrassed," he said.