Menu

Pop Tarts: Jessica Simpson, Tony Romo Ditch Cowboys to Play Alone in Penthouse

Jessica Simpson's beau Tony Romo and his Dallas Cowboys hit the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas for the NFL Draft weekend and Marco Rivera's retirement party, but apparently Romo wasn't expecting his bubbly blonde gal to populate the party too.

According to our insider, Simpson surprised the quarterback by flying in on a private jet Friday afternoon. Jessica was quick to drag her football-lovin' beau away to their King penthouse suite where they made "very good use" of the private bowling alley.

However, Pop Tarts has been told that the comely couple eventually re-emerged for a dinner with 25-plus football players (and their leading ladies) at the Robert De Niro-owned restaurant Ago, which was followed with some group rounds of blackjack.

"Everyone else from the party then went off dancing at Body English [the Hard Rock's club], but Tony and Jessica snuck back up to their penthouse suite," said our spy, adding the two were overheard saying they wanted some "alone time" back in the penthouse.

Although our inside sources said that on the surface everything seems very sweet between Simpson and the Cowboys (Jess was even heard talking about the ins and outs of the NFL draft with Tony's teammates), their early night will only add to the guys' frustrations.

"The guys do genuinely like Jessica, but sometimes they find the extra media attention and always having her around too much," said another source who was not at this particular event. "Obviously Tony's priorities are different now, and having Jessica always in the picture can be annoying."

Jessica's relationship with the team has been under a great deal of media scrutiny since Terrell Owens called her a "jinx" late last year after Romo put in his worst performance of the season while she was in the stands. However, Owens did later retract the remark as "just a joke."

Cameron Diaz Handwrites Letter to the Press

This week, the buzz is all about the Hollywood premiere of "What Happens in Vegas" this Thursday; however, Cameron Diaz chose to steer clear of the spotlight and avoid promoting the Sin City flick over the weekend.

Diaz's father, Emilio, died unexpectedly two weeks ago at age 58 when his flu suddenly turned into pneumonia. While Cam left it to her co-stars Ashton Kutcher and Rob Corddry to handle the Hollywood press day, we were touched to be given a handwritten letter from the screen starlet.

"First of all I want to thank all of you for your support over the years ... so many films ... so many weekends discussing films ... I was really looking forward to this weekend getting to talk to my friends about a film that I am so proud of," Cameron wrote, adding that due to the loss of her father, she chose to remain with her family instead.

"But it was important for me to convey to all of you how much I love this film. We really did have the best time ... most fun and laughs making it ... I know that the stories Ashton, Rob and [director] Tom [Vaughan ] share with you will illustrate that point," her note continued. "I was fortunate to work with a group of truly gifted individuals that share the common denominator of a generous heart and a wickedly sick sense of humor."

Speaking of humor, Diaz also mentioned that she would be bringing some much-needed laughs to her close clan by giving them a special screening.

"This weekend, I am screening 'What Happens in Vegas' for my family. It was a unanimous decision that we all needed to share a good laugh," the note said. "After all, that's why we make films like these. So people can leave behind their worries for a couple of hours. Have a good laugh.

"I picture all of your smiles and it makes me happy. Thank you for your continued support. It is much appreciated."

Cameron signed the note with her signature and a hand-drawn heart.

Joe Francis Is Not Afraid of Ashley Dupre

"Girls Gone Wild" founder Joe Francis is not afraid of Ashley Dupre. In fact, Francis finds the alleged Eliot Spitzer call girl "incomprehensible."

Francis has hit back at reports that Dupre has filed a $10 million lawsuit against his beloved business for using her name and image as a promotional tool. The suit says she was underage at the time of filming.

"We have not publicly released any new video of Ms. Dupre, due to corporate policy of not using footage of individuals younger than 18. It is incomprehensible that Ms. Dupre could claim she did not give her consent to be filmed by 'Girls Gone Wild,' when in fact we have videotape of her giving consent, while showing her identification," Francis said in a statement issued Monday.

Francis added that the $10 million he recently offered was for promotional/hosting work, and he would "happy to discuss" the deal should she reconsider.

Francis plans to post footage of Dupre giving her consent on the Web.

Britney's Back to Being a 'Bimbo'

Pop princess Britney Spears is up to her old tricks. But hey, at least her behavior is scripted.

After earning rave reviews for her cameo role as a racy receptionist on the hit CBS show "How I Met Your Mother," Britney is headed back to the set for a reprise.

The show's executive producer and co-creator Craig Thomas said in a statement on Monday that they are "thrilled to have Britney joining us once again. And just to head it off at the pass this time around: Yes, Mom, Britney’s very nice and no, I can’t get her autograph for you.”

The episode titled "Everything Must Go" is poised to hit the airwaves on May 12 and features the "Crazy" crooner back in her Abby character and back in the arms of Neil Patrick Harris' character Barney, according to People magazine.

Apparently, Barney will even pop a surprise question — let's hope it doesn't involve a trip to the Little White Chapel ... Jason Alexander, anyone?

LC Busts In on Boys' Night Out?

It seems Lauren Conrad ditched her pretty lil' posse from "The Hills" last Thursday and instead chose to get her groove on with guys only.

Conrad strategically placed herself in a circle of men including her ex Brody Jenner, co-star Frankie Delgado, Wilder Valderrama and birthday boy Sylvain Bitton (part owner of The Dolce Group) to schmooze the night away.

The boys were out celebrating the momentous occasion at The Dolce Group's hotspot Les Deux (naturally), the bender complete with contortionists, fire-eaters and celeb DJ Paul Oakenfold — with LC clearly lovin' the attention as the only lady.

While she and Jenner managed to keep their hands off each other, Tarts has been told that Brody was "in full party (and flirt) mode," and the new girl we caught him out with last week was nowhere to be seen. ...

Spotted or Snapped a Star? Got a Good Scoop? E-mail poptartstips@gmail.com.