A fitting dish for a music star
• Meatloaf for Meat Loaf
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground veal
1 lb. ground pork
1 ½ cup of 1 diced day old bread
1 lb. smoked bacon
3 oz. milk
2 whole eggs
1 cup grated Reggiano Parmesan cheese
4 oz. ketchup
2 sprigs fresh rosemary chopped
2 sprigs fresh thyme chopped
2 sprigs fresh oregano chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
4 oz. olive oil
Mire Poix (combo of diced onion, celery root, and carrots) - 2 cups each of ¼ diced onion, celery root, and carrots.
1. Use 2 oz. olive oil to sweat mire poix (onion, celery root, and carrot mixture) until done. When ¾ of the way finished, add herbs and reserve.
2. In a small mixing bowl, add the milk and diced bread, and let absorb.
3. In a separate large mixing bowl, add beef, veal, & pork, season with salt and pepper to taste. Add eggs, parmesan cheese, milk soaked bread, and ¼ of the mire poix. Toss and roll into a log.
4. Line baking pan with the rest of the mire poix. Place log in center of pan and arrange bacon on top of the log.
5. Bake in oven at 375° for 45 minutes. When ¾ of the way done, pour ketchup down the center of the log.
— For more information, visit: www.GreatScottChef.com