Welcome to the PC&G blog!
My name’s Liz, and I scour the Web for cool sites — not all of them make it into our weekly video package, so we’re posting them right here. I’ll post my finds daily.
Got something you think we should see? Send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Tuesday, February 27, 2008
• I Love Blocks — I’m a sucker for handmade jewelry, and these unique block designs by Irina Blok are my new favorites. Her “Click Necklace” is absolutely brilliant (not to mention PERFECT for PCG). I want one! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBM854BTGL0
Monday, February 25, 2008
Suggested By Ninou from NJ:
• When Busey Attacks — Best Oscar moment EVER! Gary Busey attacking Ryan Seacrest, Jennifer Garner and Laura Linney on the red carpet. I think the best part is how freaked out Seacrest is by the entire thing. You would think “American Idol” would have taught him how to deal with “crazy.” http://teevstee.com/
• Duck and Monkey Travels — So I’m pretty positive I did something like this back in kindergarten… But it seems to be a trend online People taking inanimate objects and taking pictures of them all around the world It’s a cute idea, and my two all-time favorites are Monkey Travel and Duck Travels. http://www.ducktravels.com/
Friday, February 22, 2008
• Air Poo — What can I say, It’s a toilet with a heated seat, a MacBook docking slot, multi-touch flusher, iPod dock and an integrated surround sound system. I think Apples gone a little too far this time. http://www.airpoo.com/
Thursday, February 21, 2008
• Water Music — Here’s a site that’s extremely serene! It’s got nothing but video of some guy playing the water glasses. Sounds kind of lame, BUT IT’S NOT. This guy’s got some awesome skills. http://goodwatermusic.com/
Monday, February 18, 2008
• Cooking By Numbers — Can’t think of what to make for dinner? Let cooking by numbers help. You tell them what you have in your pantry, and they provide a receipt tailored just for you. A cute idea, but the list of possible ingredients is pretty limited, so it doesn’t really look like you can make TOO much. http://www.cookingbynumbers.com
Friday, February 15, 2008
• A Brief Essay on Love — It’s like paper dolls for the sad and pathetic... JUST KIDDING. Here’s your chance to design yourself an outfit. Tons of fun… and there’s even an EMO boy you can clothe with a shaggy ‘do and thick black plastic glasses. http://www.squareamerica.com/l1.htm
Thursday, February 14, 2008
• Twisted Balloon Fashions — Unless you’re Vince Vaughn and your trying to score a hottie, balloon animals are pretty lame. BUT balloon dresses are AWESOME. Here’s some pics of girls sporting inflatable dresses. Bet they can’t sit down in those. http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/view2/countries
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
• Carved Guitars — If I had the skills, I would definitely be a musician... and I would DEFINITELY rock out with one of these awesome guitars (the Phoenix Phlame is incredible). http://porotto.deviantart.com/art/dress-up-EMO-girl-game-36974233
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
• Titanic: The Sequel — Remember the end of the original movie when Leonardo DiCaprio falls down into the sea? Well, Jack’s back in this awesome YouTube mashup. I think I saw a clip from “Austin Powers” and “Encino Man” . http://youtube.com/watch?v=utOS0ZetVE8&feature=related
Monday, February 11, 2008
• Free Music Widget — Looking for an easy way to share your favorite music with your friends? Well, look no further. This site lets your create a personalized play list with up to 100 songs that you can post on your blog or social networking site of your choice. http://www.travelpod.com/traveler-iq
Monday, February 4, 2008
• Feed Britney — I feel a little bad posting this, in light of her recent hospitalization BUT, if you only look at the left side of the screen, it’s really more like playing a matching game than exploiting the hardships of a fallen pop star. http://www.dribbleglass.com/monopoly/
Friday, February 1, 2008
The Super Bowl is coming up GO Big Blue!!! and what better way to get excited for the big day, than by taking a peek at some of my FAVORITE Super Bowl ads of the past. Liz
• Banned Budweiser Commercial — Here’s why you should NEVER hide behind the bar while the bartender is not looking, no matter how good of an idea it seems like at the time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4O4f6FKYyc
e-mail me with YOUR favorite sites!