AUBURN, Wash. – An employee of an Auburn nursing home called firefighters for help because the toilets were exploding with steam.
The fire department says there was a boiler malfunction at Regency Auburn Rehabilitation Center early Tuesday that caused a minor explosion, setting off the sprinkler system and flooding the floors of the three-story building.
The Valley Regional Fire Authority says no one was hurt, but water damaged electrical systems and the kitchen. So, 72 occupants had to be temporarily moved to five other rehabilitation facilities using ambulances, buses and vans.
The home was formerly known as the Life Care Center of Auburn.