More than a year after contracting botulism from contaminated carrot juice, a Toronto woman remains hospitalized, struggling to walk and breathe, according to a report from CBC News.

Susanna Chen, a former dancer, was in a coma for two months after contracting botulism last year and continues to suffer health problems from the disease, she and and her partner Andy Valy told CBC News this week.

The couple became ill in the fall of 2006 after drinking carrot juice from California's Bolthouse Farms. The beverage tested positive for the botulism toxin, the Toronto public health department confirmed, CBC reported.

While Chen remains hospitalized, struggling to walk and unable to breathe without oxygen, Valy, who also contracted botulism, has been allowed to return to the couple's home, according to the report. However, he too still has trouble breathing.

The couple plans to sue the company for an undisclosed amount, the report said.

Click here to read more on this story from CBC News